February 7, 2014

where i live

I wish I'd thought to take some photos on the day I moved in. I spackled and painted every inch of this apartment - baseboards, windows, doors, walls, and even the bathroom ceiling. Everything was a little dingy and each window had 10+ holes from various window coverings left by previous tenants. A fresh coat of paint makes a world of difference. My landlord covered the materials, so even though my first two weeks here were spent in a paint-induced haze, I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out. The place isn't especially large, but it's perfect for solo me. It's bright and the ceilings are high and the building is quiet. It's also the longest (4 months!) I've lived in the same dwelling in quite awhile. Getting to feel like home. Also, still so happy to be back in Portland.

P.S. It is really difficult to photograph small spaces. Right?
















No comments:

Post a Comment