July 12, 2013

thoughts on a friday night

I am job hunting again, for the first time in 5 years. It feels a lot longer than 5. I suppose I was quite fortunate that my jobs have sort of naturally transitioned into one another; I haven't really hunted in quite some time. Even my first hunt wasn't very long, which was lucky at the time. I graduated from college in the midst of the economic collapse and took the first job I was offered, which was the first job I interviewed for.

It's a little bit wild that I can do anything. Like, literally, anything. Maybe not literally. But almost. There's a great big world out there and I can decide how I want to fit into it, but I can't decide how I want to fit into it.

I want to tend the land and animals. I want to make things. I want to play in the kitchen. I want a little stability, but not so much that I let myself be complacent and bored. I want time off to travel. I want to make enough money to be able to travel. And live. I want to sing, again. I want to spend the whole day listening to the waves and the whole night watching the sky change.

Until very recently I was touring the country and sometimes world with a rock band. Not as a musician, but as a manager and a planner and a helper and an organizer. It was a fantastic life with wonderful, amazing, talented people, but one that kept me up too late and facilitated a habit of not taking care of myself. 

And now I'm looking for something that leans a little bit more toward wholesome and simple.


No comments:

Post a Comment